If you suffer from an autoimmune disorder your immune system is attacking other systems of your body (ie. Thyroid,cerebellum, etc.).
An autoimmune attack is like a house with termites. The termites destroy the foundation and structure of the house. In autoimmunity, your body destroys tissue as the attack occurs— damaging critical organs in the process.
You must find the termites or your body will keep destroying tissue.
This is what makes us unique: no stone is left unturned to determine the true cause of your health condition.
Many different forms of “termites” exist and testing is vital to finding them.
We can check for gluten antibodies, tissue antibodies such as myelin (fatty sheath around the nerves) antibodies, and cerebellar (back part of the brain controlling balance, coordinated movement, and spinal muscles) antibodies.
For example, many hypothyroid patients that we have managed have tested positive for thyroid antibodies and they were actually mis-diagnosed for years. If your thyroid tissue anti-bodies (TPO &TBG) are high, you are suffering from Hashimoto’s disease and NOT hypothyroid. The only way to find out is to test for thyroid tissue antibodies via blood work.
Your immune system could be attacking your nervous system, which would cause pain and numbness (this is called multiple sclerosis and peripheral neuropathy). The ONLY way to know is to run the right tests.
Take a moment to listen to a success story from one of our autoimmune patients.
We run tests for H. Pylori bacteria to determine any problems related to gut function (H. Pylori is the most common bacteria to affect the stomach and gut). We are also looking for parasites, mold, yeast and fungi, which is what a majority of patients with gastro-intestinal dysfunction suffer from.
How We’re Different?
We focus on a comprehensive approach for managing the autoimmune patient:
- We need to remove the trigger(s) that aggravate the immune system (foods, chemicals, hormonal imbalance, etc.).
- We need to calm the existing body-wide inflammatory cascade (with diet & lifestyle changes and specific supplements that down-regulate pro-inflammatory processes and up-regulate anti-inflammatory processes or simply put … we need to decrease the inflammation in your body!)
- We need to repair any damage to the GI tract barrier (and any of the other 4 barriers that are breached). In other words, we need to fix your gut function.
- We need to support the damaged autoimmune target with specific supplements and/or medical hormone therapy (as in the case of thyroid and pancreas damage).
- We need to mediate any abnormal brain and nervous system function with Brain-Based Therapy (functional neurology—EWOT, IM, etc.).
The above is a short description of how we approach supporting autoimmune conditions. Where necessary, we will co-manage your case with your M.D. so that each patient has the best results possible.
Please fill out the form below and one of our staff will be in touch shortly.